Dollywood in Pigeon Forge will celebrate Christmas 2017 with numerous concerts, performances, activities, and spectacles, in its Smoky Mountain Christmas season from November 4, 2017 through January 3, 2018.
Dollywood puts on a great show in every season, and Christmas 2017 is no exception. Expect some of the area’s best food, costumes, lights, decorations, music and merriment. Here are highlights of the Dollywood Christmas festivities.
Shows at Dollywood
Throughout the holiday season, several different performances and shows will happen in the theaters of Dollywood:
- The Christmas classic, It’s a Wonderful Life at Showstreet Palace Theater
- Christmas in the Smokies at Celebrity Theater – Dollywood’s annual Christmas musical with a 14-member cast performing holiday favorites
- Appalachian Christmas at the Back Porch Theater – acoustic bluegrass treatments of Christmas tunes.
- Christmas with the Kingdom Heirs – Southern Gospel music at the Pines Theater.
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas – a heartwarming Christmas Miracle play at the Pines Theater.
Christmas Attractions at Dollywood
The Dollywood world offers more attractions and events scattered in various locations, including on the streets.
- Dolly’s Christmas Chapel – worship service each Sunday at 5:30 pm at Dollywood’s Robert F. Thomas Chapel
- Rudolph and His Friends at Holly Jolly Junction – meet all the cuddly characters, Clarice, Yukon Cornelius, and Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster for a kids hug and a photograph.
- The MistleTones – performing at the Showstreet Gazebo, a troupe of four ladies singing a capella Christmas carols, for a a fresh take on old Christmas favorites.
- Santa Land in Celebration Hall – a bauble-filled wonderland with handmade craft items and larger-than-life toys, plus Santa Claus and his elves perfect for a photo.
- Parade of Many Colors – this event happens each evening during Dollywood’s Christmas season, with floats, characters and a other eye-catching surprises.
Everywhere in Dollywood is lit up during this season with more than 4 million Christmas lights, many of them in animated displays. It’s a dazzling place to be, and it’s large, so here’s a map to all these locations, and for full details check the Dollywood Smoky Mountain Christmas site.